Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Jaggie 12/24/2014 8:47 PM
Merry Christmas. :)
zoltando 11/27/2014 6:09 PM
Happy thanksgiving!
Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test

sdoyle (Applicant) 9/2/2010 1:39 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light

sdoyle
Posts: 195
0
Like
0
Dislike

You hear a sigh coming from the corner.  "If we're going to be taking in all the charity cases in Stormreach we'll need a bigger place to house them."

You hear a leather chair sigh in relief as its occupant gets up and steps into the dim light of the room. 

Hoch gives the halfling a disappointing look.  "And what about the quality of these charity cases?  Or do we not care about people's character anymore?  Something to think about Roo before you bring just anyone into our house."

Hoch's gaze softens as he turns his head and sees Aluatris hunched over a body lying on a couch. "But let's see what you have brought us shall we?"

He walks over next to Aluatris and bends over to look at the human female. 

"I know this woman. Her name starts with a N...something like Nanny but that isn't it."

He turns around and grabs a chair and pulls it up to the couch and takes a seat and places his hand on the woman's forehead.  "I'm not so sure we should do anything to help her.  She is doing exactly what she wants to do."

Hoch sits back in the chair and looks over to Aluatris and Roo.  "I met her in the Phoenix a few nights ago.  She has lost the life that she knew and was trying to drown her sorrow with alcohol.  I offered her advice and money to stay in a room at any of the inns in town, which she refused.  And if she ignored my advice and offer of help then, why would she want it now?"
TopBottom

Aluatris (Member) 9/2/2010 2:15 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light
GP User: Songsteel
Aluatris

Songsteel
Posts: 306
0
Like
0
Dislike

Aluatris kneels down next to the woman and murmurs the words to a curative spell. There doesn't seem to be much effect ((since Nanai's condition is due to alcohol and not weakness)) and she chuckles, "Sorry hun... not much of a healer..."

She looks up at the sound of someone leaving a chair and breathes a sigh of relief as she spots Hoch. He would know what to do.

However her expression turns sour at his words and she turns her back on him. "It's hard to deal with something like that, Hoch. At the time, it seems like it helps, all the drinking. It dulls the pain, helps you forget. I've been there. You can't get better unless people give you a second chance and help you." Suddenly she turns around and glares at Hoch. "She doesn't know what she wants." She squeezes her eyes shut and takes a deep breath, then says "I'm not going to force you to help her. But I urge you to do what's right, even if you don't agree with her decision."

TopBottom

sdoyle (Applicant) 9/2/2010 3:25 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light

sdoyle
Posts: 195
0
Like
0
Dislike

"Do what's right Aluatris?  What makes you think that I am not?" he says with an annoyed tone.  "How little you must think of me. 

"We all have to fall so that we learn how to pick ourselves up."  He turns and looks back at 'Nanny'.  "I wonder if she has fallen enough."

He returns his gaze to the other elf to see if Aluatris absorbed what he just said or if it flies out the other ear like he always thinks it does.

"Of course I'll help.  I'm just asking that we all act from rational thought instead of raw emotions."

Still frowning at Aluatris's statement, he turns and faces 'Nanny'.  He closes his eyes and places a hand high on her chest and mutters an incantation and channels powerful positive energy into her.
TopBottom

Rrula (Member) 9/2/2010 3:48 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light


Rrula
Posts: 60
0
Like
0
Dislike


((*grumbles at having to rewrite because she didn't get her post in before Hoch's...*  ))


Rrula stares up at Hoch in surprise at his comments.  "Character?  What, I'm s'posed ter interview folks first now, 'fore I decide if they's 'worthy' o' gettin' help?"  She points to the figure slumped on the couch.  "Ya think she was in any state ter give me answers, kid?  I jus' done what I thought was right."

She follows Hoch over to Nanai and watches the exchange between him and Aluatris, nodding at the elf girl's words, and looked back at Hoch.  "If ya ain't never been there, kid, ya got no idea.  An' sometimes, even when ya know ya can't go any lower an' ya wanna climb back up, someone needs ter give a hand up." 

She smiles briefly at Aluatris before continuing.  "Even if she thinks she don' wanna be helped now, she'll remember we tried when she's ready.  She'll either get ter the point where she wants ter get back up, or she'll kill herself 'fore she gets there."  She shrugs as though it doesn't matter to her either way.  "I know what it's like ter lose yer home, I jus' figured I could maybe help her back on her feet...  if that ain't actin' right then I'm sorry I brought her in," she finishes with a glare at Hoch.


-Rrula

dream as if you’ll live forever. live as if you’ll die today—james dean
Characters: Rrula (Roo)
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 9/3/2010 5:41 AM EST : RE: Stolen Light

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Nanai swam through a sea of emotions.  Trying to focus on anything was impossible, the amount of alcohol she had consumed was staggering even to her.  She didn't know it but the poisons had started to set it, and she was clearly not well.

Then the warm touch on her body.  She felt some pf the pain, the physical pain, leave her body.  She felt her body strengthen, a feeling of power imbue her physical form.

It pulled her up, caused her to stir, seeing many faces, some she knew some she did not.  She huddled in her seat, trying to shield herself from the unknown surroundings.

Also, replacing the absent pain of the body, was the hole, deep and empty, in her spirit, a feeling of longing and loneliness that pulled at her.

Her eyes flutter open, and she looks around the room.  "W...wh...wh..., where am I?"
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Aurelueithil (Member) 9/3/2010 2:53 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light
GP User: Ambermoon/Maiyr
Aurelueithil
Ambermoon/Maiyr
Posts: 69
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Pausing just inside the doorjamb of the common room, Aurelueithil glanced at the occupants of the room, her bright green eyes examining each person in a casual manner. A worn pack hangs over one shoulder, an oilskin wrapped bow strapped to its side. Her light armor showed some wear and tear, spots splattered with mud and dried grass. She glances at the young woman who appears to be the center of attention, coking her head in a silent question. “Sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt.”::
AKA Michelle (Eildre, Sereyne, Mayzial, and others)
It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory.  ~W. Edwards Deming 
Characters: Aurelueithil
TopBottom

Rrula (Member) 9/3/2010 5:55 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light


Rrula
Posts: 60
0
Like
0
Dislike


Rrula watches with interest as whatever Hoch did has an effect on Nanai, and she smiles reassuringly at the woman.  "Yer warm an' fairly safe, kid..."  She steps back a bit, thinking that perhaps Hoch might like to talk with Nanai since he's obviously dealt with her before, and not wishing to get in the way. 

Hearing a voice from the doorway, she turns and nods to Aurel.  "Don' think yer interruptin', kid, but I ain't sure..." she shrugs, glancing back to Nanai and the others.


-Rrula

dream as if you’ll live forever. live as if you’ll die today—james dean
Characters: Rrula (Roo)
TopBottom

Aurelueithil (Member) 9/5/2010 11:24 AM EST : RE: Stolen Light
GP User: Ambermoon/Maiyr
Aurelueithil
Ambermoon/Maiyr
Posts: 69
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Aurelueithil shifts her pack, and glances at those clustered around. "Is there anything I can do to help, maybe some hot tea from the kitchens, or something simple for her to eat?" looks at the others a bit more curiously now, but continues to hesitate in the open doorway.::
AKA Michelle (Eildre, Sereyne, Mayzial, and others)
It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory.  ~W. Edwards Deming 
Characters: Aurelueithil
TopBottom

sdoyle (Applicant) 9/5/2010 4:23 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light

sdoyle
Posts: 195
0
Like
0
Dislike

Hoch glances at the elf huddled in the doorway,  "Some food and a warm drink couldn't hurt, nothing heavy though. Thanks."

He turns his gaze back to 'Nanny'.  "Hello again miss.  I am going to speculate that you do not remember me; you were drinking heavily...and for the first time if I recall correctly.  My name is Hoch, and you are in my fellowship's hall."  He gestures to the halfling,  "Roo over there found you and brought you here.  You are safe, so try to relax."

Hoch sits back in his chair studying 'Nanni'.  "How much do you remember of the past couple days?"
TopBottom

Aurelueithil (Member) 9/5/2010 5:27 PM EST : RE: Stolen Light
GP User: Ambermoon/Maiyr
Aurelueithil
Ambermoon/Maiyr
Posts: 69
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Nods and makes her way to the kitchen, setting her pack on the corner counter, she washes her hands and one of the mugs laying about. Aurel then rummages about for a few slices of bread and mild cheese, tasting one of the slices to make sure its not too heavy. After looking around a moment, her emerald eyes alight on a bowl of fresh fruit and adds a fresh apple and a paring knife to a small tray. She boils some water and searched the cupboards for the cannister of tea. Placing a small pot of honey on the tray, along with a freshly rinsed mug and small wooden spoon, when the water is ready she pours it into a clay pot and places it next to the mug. Then balancing the tray carefully she navigates her way back to common room::

(should keep her busy for a few minutes <smiles>)
AKA Michelle (Eildre, Sereyne, Mayzial, and others)
It is not necessary to change.  Survival is not mandatory.  ~W. Edwards Deming 
Characters: Aurelueithil
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%