Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Nklos 11/20/2014 1:16 AM
-*Warms hands by the fire.*
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
Second: Creatively - charged bard in the house. Y'all just watch out ;)
Aluatris 10/31/2014 4:45 PM
First: That was a beautiful tribute Vali. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Lanaliathe 10/22/2014 12:13 AM
Shared something that I've kept to myself for far too long...
Lanaliathe 10/13/2014 12:03 PM
Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for having known you all. :)
Lanaliathe 9/23/2014 10:22 PM
*sneaksneaksneak* *waves* *random tacklehugs* *flees*
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*

Forums : Alliance Open Role-Play Forum > Points of Departure... (The Aerenal Airship trip) Take Two
Jaggie (SuperAdmin) 8/8/2010 7:52 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Guild Leader/Admin
Jaggie (Thelanis)

Jaggie
Posts: 1725
0
Like
0
Dislike



He doesn't know where we're going? Jaggie slid her lute over her back, frowning. "I'm sorry, Iaz," she stepped closer to Deriaz so that she could speak more privately with him. "It completely slipped my mind. I though you knew."
Kneeling down she rested her hand against his plated chest and looked up into his glowing orange eyes. Her jaw worked to find some way to show the concern in her voice, "though I'm sure you'll find many of the beasts in Xen'drik, we're not going inland. Aerenal and Argonnessen are across the Thunder Sea.  We're going across the ocean." She waited a halflings breath, fearing how he might react with such information.
"Look we're still over land yet. I can help you get below deck, if you wish. Or perhaps, if you want me too, I could teleport you back to Stormreach. No matter what I promise I wont let you go under There wont even be a chance of that happening. Okay, Iaz, okay?"
TopBottom

Deriaz (Officer) 8/8/2010 9:39 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Officer
Deriaz (Thelanis)

Deriaz
Posts: 1115
0
Like
0
Dislike

"I-- Wait. Thunder Sea? Like. . . Beyond the Harbor?" Deriaz asks, seeming rather confused. "But I thought. . ."

His train of thought derails, and his gaze breaks away from Jaggie's for a moment. Thunder Sea. . . That meant across water. A lot of water. He shudders for a second as his mind races, trying to think of a way to get off the ship. Jaggie's suggestion of teleporting seemed like a fine idea, but--

The juggernaut shakes his head. His mouth opens to say something, but snaps shut a second later with a metallic click. A "yes" to the teleport hung on his tongue, but he bites it back. "I'll. . . I'll stay," he mumbles, stumbling over the words. "I don't know what rooms under the deck are big enough for me. . . I think I might be okay playing watch up here, though. I can take a position in the center of the deck. . ."

His orange eyes flicker for a second as he looks to the railing then back to Jaggie. "I just don't want to go under. But I'll stay. I wouldn't be a 'Shield' if I ran from something like this, now, would I?"

He stands, taking another look over to the railing. His mind fumbles again, trying to find another way to say he wanted to go to land, but he beats it back again. The warforged gives a quick bear hug to Jaggie, almost as if clinging to her. "I'll stay. I'm not going to let some water stop me from protecting you all, and the ship." Deriaz pauses, then finally releases Jaggie from the embrace.

The words ring with confidence, but inward, he wishes he could believe them. Best to stay away from the railing, he figures, and everything will be fine.
______________________________________
I'm sure I should be embarrassed but I'm not.
I'm sure I should feel stupid but I'm hot.
I'm gonna grab my brush and paint the town.
______________________________________
         
TopBottom

Sokoya_Brightmoon (Member) 8/9/2010 11:51 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...


Sokoya_Brightmoon
Posts: 31
0
Like
0
Dislike


Sokoya had loitered within sight of the Spire for a while that morning, waiting for a sufficient distraction to allow her to board without much notice.  She was well aware that there were those among the Fellowship - the owner of this fine vessel included - who were skilled in the art of stealth, and she had not expected to pass undetected.  Her main aim had been to be less memorable to the people on the ground rather than avoiding the notice of those aboard the airship, but she could still do her best to avoid being too obvious.  She did not want to be sent back to the hall.

Her natural shyness had always seemed to help the drow girl blend into the background to an extent, and she had coupled that with a drab gown instead of her favourite pink one and a grey cloak with a hood that covered her moonlight-pale hair.  She was just another traveller passing through the market early in the morning.

A pair of bubbly halfling girls and a soaking wet human seemed like a good target, and Suki had followed a short distance behind them up to the ship.  Whilst most people's attention seemed distracted by the dripping man, she had slipped past the girls onto the deck and found a quiet spot out of the sun to sit and wait.

After Points' speech she had quietly joined one or two others in watching the view from the deck rails, then moved over to sit near Jaggie and listen to the bard's song.  It wasn't one she was familiar with, but she had enjoyed the lively little tune regardless and tapped her foot in time with the music as she tried to commit it to memory for later practice.

                *        *        *

The word 'dragon' catches her attention as it is repeated more than once, pulling her away from her mental rehearsal of the tune, and she looks up anxiously.  Nobody had mentioned dragons... she shivers as she remembers the one that had sunk the ship she and her parents were travelling to Stormreach on, and scans the skies looking for any signs of such a beast circling this ship.  Nervously she moves closer to Jaggie and addresses the 'forged hesitantly.  "M-miss Jaggie?  Are we to be chasing by dragons?  I am being nervous for this thing..."

--
"Soft is the music that would charm forever; The flower of sweetest smell is shy and lowly."
 - William Wordsworth
TopBottom

Lanaliathe (Officer) 8/10/2010 10:29 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...
Officer
Valianna


Lanaliathe
Posts: 2345
0
Like
0
Dislike


Intent on preventing her son from causing uproar on deck, Valianna doesn't really notice Versatillas until he calls out to her.  Wincing at the formal name, she turns and puts on a smile.  "Please, Valianna is just fine..."

She looks at the offered toy in some confusion.  "How did you catch-"

"Bun-bun!" Tyrael's tears dry quite miraculously as he catches sight of the cloth rabbit in the drow's hand, and he reaches out for it.  "Give Bun-bun!"

"Ty... remember to say 'please' and 'thank you', sweeting."

The child screws up his face for a second as though about to burst into tears again, then mumbles "Give pees" as he grabs the toy.  "Fankoo," just has a chance to escape his mouth before the rabbit is stuffed into it, and he chews contentedly on one of its ears.

Thinking that maybe now is not the time to lecture her son on the merits of being more polite to powerful mages, Valianna smiles her thanks to Versatillas instead.  Taking a closer look at the toy Tyrael is gnawing, she suddenly realises that it looks newer and less well-loved than it should.  Unsure whether Versatillas had created a new one or somehow whisked one out of the pack in her cabin, she decides the important thing is that her son is quiet and happy.

Looking at the drow with renewed appreciation, she reaches out to place her free hand lightly on his arm.  "That was a very sweet thing to do.  Thank you."

-- Valianna d'Eberron (Elf ranger, Thelanis; Fellowship of the Golden Night)
Valianna's Journal   (last updated 2/9/09)
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."  - Stendhal
TopBottom

Jeatra (Associate) 8/10/2010 10:36 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...
GP User: Coldin Torrence

Jeatra (Thelanis)

Coldin Torrence
Posts: 758
0
Like
0
Dislike

((Poor rabbit that fell off the side of the ship. ))

Signature blocked by Forum Admin!
Characters: Jeatra
TopBottom

Points Deway (SuperAdmin) 8/10/2010 11:02 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Seneschal /
Guild Successor
Points (Thelanis)


Points Deway
Posts: 1513
0
Like
0
Dislike

(Points teleports back on to the deck with a big smile and holding a well chewed cloth rabbit.  He is about to present it with joy and sees the imposter... sad Points)

TopBottom

Lanaliathe (Officer) 8/10/2010 11:10 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...
Officer
Valianna


Lanaliathe
Posts: 2345
0
Like
0
Dislike


((Oh hush, you two!  Blame the wizard...))

-- Valianna d'Eberron (Elf ranger, Thelanis; Fellowship of the Golden Night)
Valianna's Journal   (last updated 2/9/09)
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."  - Stendhal
TopBottom

Points Deway (SuperAdmin) 8/10/2010 11:47 PM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Seneschal /
Guild Successor
Points (Thelanis)


Points Deway
Posts: 1513
0
Like
0
Dislike

(nuh uh... he can shoot lightning bolts and fireballs...)

(Okay enough with the silliness, we now return you to your story...)

TopBottom

Praut Ektor (Officer) 8/11/2010 12:36 AM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Officer
Praut (Thelanis)

Praut Ektor
Posts: 841
0
Like
0
Dislike

((Lol, sorry to steal your thunder Points, put it back with the pack full I'd wager...))

Versatillas bows very graciously to Valianna adding that it was "nothing".  Smiling at his own humor he excuses himself and moves below decks to claim a room and get rid of his pack.

Knocking on various rooms he hears replies from a few that are occupied and tries to find a crewman to show him one that wasn't.  The crewman takes him to a new room and opening the door they are shocked to see a silver eyed elf sitting inside.  "Oh, sorry Shiney, I'll get the next one."

Versatillas motions the puzzled crewman to close the door and moves down the hall without a moment's pause.  Finally finding a free room he puts his pack in a corner and turns to walk back upstairs.  He didn't come out here with his family to sit in a cabin.  This was going to be a camping trip, albeit more tame than his recent exploits.

(edited Teldyn/Shiningeagle's race. -Points)
________________________________________________

Thelanis --

Praut Ektor - Dwarven Defender - FTR 16
        Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night, Knight of Khorvaire.
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 8/11/2010 9:05 AM EST : RE: Points of Departure...

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

Shining smiled, looking out over the city, fond memories and not so fond ones meeting his thoughts.

He smiled at Vers, not really saying much as he ducked out of the room quickly.  He was a little surprised, considering it was Points' cabin.  Apparently everyone was busy and enjoying themselves, so he didn't worry too much.

He turned his attention back to the window.  He scanned out over the landscape, and patiently waited.
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%