Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
HomeForumsRosterCharterCalendar

Click here for IRC chat
then type
/join FotGN

Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:24 PM
Below the Charter, Calendar, Mail tabs
Intayazz 8/8/2014 1:23 PM
In a tiny little bar above the forums, you should have the line of 'Forums: Search * Change Handle * Your Active Topics * Subscriptions * New Activity'
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:25 AM
hrm.... Struggling to figure out how to change the character associated with the account, since only a couple of people ever met Kara. But this is Red / Spellfury.
Karathinel 7/30/2014 3:21 AM
*wave* I realize I kind of vanished a year ago and it's likely no one really remembers any more, but I actually have a bit of time for gaming again and figured I would see what people are up to?
Lanaliathe 5/20/2014 11:57 PM
*sneaks in, drops a wall of text, and runs away* :)
Jaggie 3/20/2014 10:39 PM
aww... *hugs and cookies for zolt*
zoltando 3/20/2014 9:44 PM
ddo doesnt seem to want to work for me , curse you DDO!
Intayazz 2/4/2014 8:00 PM
Don't worry, we're grading on a curve. I'm sure you'll do better than half the folks!
Aluatris 2/1/2014 1:02 AM
Test!? I'm so not prepared...
Smudge 1/31/2014 5:18 AM
Hi there!
Old_Swamper 1/30/2014 8:20 PM
*Waves!*
Intayazz 1/29/2014 10:13 PM
*taps the mic* Test, test
zoltando 12/25/2013 7:32 PM
Merry Christmas!
Lanaliathe 12/25/2013 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! *hugs all round*
Aluatris 12/21/2013 10:30 PM
And the award for Worst Timing. Ever. goes to... ;) Sorry to leave you two hanging!
zoltando 11/29/2013 2:29 PM
I hope everyone had a happy turkey day
Sunky 11/23/2013 2:40 PM
yay!
Intayazz 11/23/2013 8:39 AM
Yay!
Aluatris 11/22/2013 8:14 PM
Dearly beloved, Ready your dancing shoes...
Jaggie 11/20/2013 5:58 AM
I should be on DDO today around 7pm eastern if anyone would like to join me.

Forums : Alliance Open Role-Play Forum > Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful what you wish for
Mayzial (Applicant) 9/13/2008 10:42 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...
Mayzial
Posts: 10
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Takes Deriaz's hand and follows him down, looking around wide eyed at the ancient worked tunnels. "I hath no idea this all was so .. old and extensive.. No telling what lays beyond."

Mayzial brushes off several flakes of dirt from the entrance above, and turns to Deriaz and Sereyne. "Slow and cautious .. correct?" Cocking her head as she takes her mace in hand.. her eyes getting used to Sereyne's strange light source.::
TopBottom

Jaggie (SuperAdmin) 9/16/2008 1:43 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...

Guild Leader/Admin
Jaggie (Thelanis)

Jaggie
Posts: 1722
0
Like
0
Dislike

((first off.... I can't apologize enough to all you that have been participating in this thread, waiting for an update from me and Shiningeagle. I'm sorry for making this drag out so long, and I'll do my best to try and keep things rolling.))
((That being said..This is only a part of a post. The rest is still on paper and waits to be typed. The rest well be up later today. Sorry for all the horrid typos...  ask mr jag's to spell check it for me.. he forgot  Lets hope the forums spell checker works. ))

~~~~

It was like chasing fox fire.
Whenever she thought she wandered to far, or felt the want to give up this silly endeavour, it would appear again. Only for the briefest of moments. A tiny flicker at the corner of her eye.
And so she would once again chase after it, until the next time she thought to go back.
Four more times, of this, following and giving up and following again, before she finally had enough.
To venture any farther would surly lead to an undersirable end. She had already gone to far.

'Should have woken, Shining... He could have figured out what those lights are... Certainly isn't help...  Why didn't I wake him in the first place?...'   She cursed herself, mentally.  Lilly-Jaggie turned herself around, to head back to the hidden tunnel in which Shining still slept, but abruptly stopped in her tracks. Here before her, and at perfect eye level, was the plated chest of an orthon. Disgusting, maggot ridden thing. Monster of a creature who... if it didn't simply walk on past without so much has a grunt, could have crushed pretty Jaggie's head with one not so pretty clubbed fist.
(mental note: ring of shadow + invisibility = kiss Points the moment she sees him)

Anyway, once he-she-it(?) was a safe - and by safe she considered at least a far enough distance to give her a 3 second head start at running, she snuck off to the right, stopping again has two other devils went in the same direction as the first orthon that past her.

These two where talking to each other in a strange mixture of growls and hisses, that Jaggie could only guess to be infernal or abyssal. Of course she was more interested in  clinging into the  slate gray, bedrock, walls. Praying to blend into them.

The devils continued on there way and Jaggie let her knees finally give out as she said silent prayers of 'thank you.'


~~~
(sorry.. to be continued.... ))
*Pages in a book*
I don't make the rules, I just follow them... Because it makes you angry.

"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be 'day'?"~ MidnightRyoko
TopBottom

Sereyne (Applicant) 9/16/2008 1:00 PM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...
Sereyne
Posts: 33
0
Like
0
Dislike

(Tis not a problem.. boards have been pretty busy with diff storylines these days.. grins.. kinda funny since we started this I finally hit 8th level .. chuckles.. and onward we go)

::Sereyne glanced back at her companions and nodded.. her eyes flashing crazily, all sorts of colored lights rioting against the white background for supremacy as she fully invoked her unusual vision. She took a deep breath, and attached the small silver crystal to her staff, so that the lightsource would help both Mayzial and Deriaz as well as herself.

She stuck carefully to the sides of the ancient tunnels, using her thoughts of Shiningeagle to fuel her guesses. Glancing to the rune on the back of her hand ever so often. She felt the others starting to follow her, and she carefully glanced ahead.

After a few turns, she stopped dead in her tracks.. Some powerful magic was ahead and it was moving, she could see the brilliant orange and red tendrils it struck out from itself, as if sensing the area in front of it. She shifted her sight and saw that they were on the arcane spectrum alone, though a faint light could be seen coming from that passage.

Looking back to Deriaz and Mayzial she cautioned them quietly. "Tis one of ttttthose llllliving spells methinks.. the mmmmmmagic source is not lllllocalized as much as a cccccconstruct or mmmmmagical creature.. It quests ffffor something.. Lets see if wwwwwe can let it pass by."
TopBottom

Ryndal Dar'thir (Applicant) 9/22/2008 9:35 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...

Ryndal Dar'thir
Posts: 8
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Standing frozen in place on the bridge passing to the Marketplace crater from the mail box, he blinked his eyes. Surely he did not see Mayzial vanish into the depths of the subterrain on the heels of a large warforged.

Ryndal frowned, obviously puzzled as to what they could be doing. That place was a nightmare of magic and devils. Sighing to himself, he stode purposly towards the passage down, ignoring the bustling activities around him. Unslinging his sheild from his back, he hefted it once to get it settled. Then drew his blade, and cautiously stepped below. Someone had to keep an eye on that girl.::
TopBottom

Mayzial (Applicant) 10/2/2008 4:43 PM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...
Mayzial
Posts: 10
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Mayzial paused.. in her position behind Deriaz, she was in the best place to help her fellow companions should tragedy fall.. But listening to Sereyne, she frowned.. such power.. such things as living spells and devils and demons. She had faught some before.. devils and demons that is.. she had spells ready to banish them.. but they were iffy.. and living spells.. Her best abilities were to keep her companions healed.. or be able to raise them should the worse befall.. ::

::: She frowned a moment, Sereyne had called for a halt.. and she pressed herself agaisnt the rock wall.. but then again..she heard a scrap of metal behind them, and a clatter of stone.. should she speak out.. or.. she turned.. trying to keep her companions in her side vision, as welll as look behind them.. worried at those sounds::
TopBottom

ShiningEagle (Member) 10/5/2008 12:14 PM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...

Shiningeagle (Thelanis)


ShiningEagle
Posts: 159
0
Like
0
Dislike

:There he stood, staring down a battalion of half orcs, arrayed against him with grand weapons of war.  Calling up the magics he knew now so well, he set to setting fire to the great engines of war.  As his work began, the sounds of metal and stone on metal rang out over the din.  The Band stuck, and pressed their attack hard.  The orcs around him began to move into position, the engines creaking into place for the repulsion of such brazen invaders.  That was, they thought to do that, but the did not see the gems lying on the ground, the gems that spelled doom.  One by one they exploded, great balls of erupting flames everywhere.  Next Darius began chanting constantly, and wave of elementals began to pour forth from an open planar gateway, firey pillars of humanoid appearance that began to mow through many of the warriors.  Clearly they thought themselves secure against a surprise attack.  SHining Smiled, his plan seemed to be working...:

*Flash*

:...staring down a battalion of half orcs, arrayed with grand weapons of war.  Sharpening his mind, he focused his mind on the closest orc, unsuspecting, the battle lasted only a few seconds.  He now fully controlled his new pawn.  Setting him to the task at hand, the great catapult was cocked, turned, and aimed at the generals camp.  That is when metal and stone rang against metal, rising above the din.  The Band had struck, and they pressed hard.  Giving the mental command, the orc loosed the explosive payload of the catapult, and it struck home, landing at the general's position.  Through his mind's eye, he saw.  He saw the General Felled, and his lieutenants lie dead next to him.  Calling forth the stuff of the astral plane, Shining began to create constructs of warriors, humanlike in appearance, with a task of turning their front line.  They began their attack, and the Band broke through.  With their generals dead, the Orcs quickly broke ranks, and turned to flee.  A rout..., now to pursue, Shining thought...:

*Flash*

:Shining stood there, looking in front of him.  He saw a forked pathway,  One road leading left, one leading right.  And yet..., yet there he saw, a small narrow way before him.  Rocky, dangerous, many traps and falls, yet the destination was to be desired.

"Choice to make, don't you laddie?"

Turning, he saw a coppery skinned dwarf, working a hammer in a forge that seemed a bit out of place...

*Flash*

-----------------------------------------

Shining woke with a start, looking around, realizing he was still in the hole.  Tired as he was, he did not notice Jaggie's absence, simply he craved for one thing, sleep.  And so oblivion willing took him again...
--------------------------------------------------

Characters: ShiningEagle StrongBrow
TopBottom

Deriaz (Officer) 10/6/2008 12:48 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...

Officer
Deriaz (Thelanis)

Deriaz
Posts: 1115
0
Like
0
Dislike

Hearing Sereyne lower her voice, Der attempted to lower his. "A living spell. . .? How does a spe--" Deriaz shook his head. "Y'know, I'll ask later. Can it move quickly? If it doesn't pass by, we could distract it and run by, perhaps. Though I'm not sure how quietly I can move. . ."

Deiraz shifted slightly, adjusting his swords so they were angled and ready to be easily drawn by his big hand. Just to be cautious, he also unslung the his large tower shield from his back and held it firmly in his left hand. "Are they hard to fight? If I have to, I mean. . . I don't think I've fought anything like an actual spell. Been hit by one, but a living one. . .?" He shook his head again. "Would be something new to me."
______________________________________
I'm sure I should be embarrassed but I'm not.
I'm sure I should feel stupid but I'm hot.
I'm gonna grab my brush and paint the town.
______________________________________
         
TopBottom

Sereyne (Applicant) 10/6/2008 12:08 PM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...
Sereyne
Posts: 33
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Sereyne shrugged and pulled back.. as the rolling magical energies came closer.. lowering her voice even more.. she whispered, "I dddont know.. something about the mmmmournlands made spells become ssssentient.. but why they are hhhhere.. I dddo not know.. I have rrrresearched them, but they cccan be unpredictable. and mmmuch mmmore powerful than the sppppell they originate from. They are ssseeking things, living for rage and ddddestruction, fffreed from the control of the arcane mmmind that would normally direct them. It ssshould pass us by, its ffforce seemes directed to a tunnel just ahead and past our cccurrent location." hopes she is right, she can only do so much with her research and preparation... frowns to herself as she glances back at its arcane emenations.

"If it dddoesnt.. I will try to ppprotect us with an spell that will rrreduce its effects.. mayhaps Mayzial will be able to ccccounter any elemental damage it may dddo." Glancing past Deriaz, she notices that Mayzial is peering down the passage behind them..

"Is sssomething wrong, Mayzial?"::
TopBottom

Mayzial (Applicant) 10/20/2008 6:29 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...
Mayzial
Posts: 10
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Frowned slightly as she cocked her head to listen again. "I thought mine ears didst hear a sound." Mayzial narrowed her rose colored gaze and peered into the darkness. As she concentrated, she heard it again, a faint foot fall, as if someone or something lightly armored approached behind them.

She brought her shield up, and pushed her back towards the wall.. The glow that Sereyne had been watching looked like it was getting closer in front of them, but this new noise behind had her worried. She was just about to raise her mace, when the strange lightsource revealed a form caustiously coming around the corner behind them. She started as she recognized the pattern on the shield first, and the odd lightly decorated breastplate of the figures armor.

She exhaled softly, casting a glance back towards Sereyne and Deriaz.. "Tis Ryndal, he must have seen our decent and was curious. " She straightened a bit and lowered her shield, so that the paladin could recognize her more fully, and waited for his approach.::

TopBottom

Ryndal Dar'thir (Applicant) 11/5/2008 10:37 AM EST : RE: Help!!!!!!!!!!!! (part of Be careful what you wi...

Ryndal Dar'thir
Posts: 8
0
Like
0
Dislike

::Paused as the strange flicker ahead of him outlined a figure. Grimacing, he raised his shield and stepped to the side, preparing for action, only to squint once more as he recognized the heavily armored woman standing in front of him. He let out a held breath and was about to speak, but as she held up a finger to her helmed face, Ryndal choaked back his words.

He moved quietly up to her side, and peered around her, seeing the immense bulk of rhe warforged and Sereyne ahead of it, plastered to the wall. The flickering light growing more intense, as he realized something was bobbing in the hallway a bit ahead of them. He looked at Mayzial, cocking his head in a questioning manner. She shook her head and moved closer to the wall, motioning for him to do the same::
TopBottom


There are   members online.

There are currently no polls.

There are currently no polls.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events.
RSS
Weekly Events
Monday Night Chat
(9pm est)
Come to the forums Javachat!
Role-play out-of-game with
fellow guildmates and friends.
 Bake a cake. Kill a diredust
bunny. Take a break from the
 video game dungeoneering
and let your imagination
stretch it legs.





Thelanis Thursday
(9:30pm est)
Come flex your Role-playing
muscles and interact with
 other role-players in this
weekly event. RP in taverns
and quests.




Character Help:
Crafting (Cannith and Items):

DDO Wiki:

Downloadable Tools:



Fansites:




Forum Help:


Lore:


Questing Tools:


Quest-Specific Tools and Guides:



Items and Gear:


Current Guild Applicants

JazTan Greycloak
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%