Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Top Mods!
Wowhead Search
by sonofsamedi
Digital Clock
by Wolfar15
Admin Forums
Welcome to the GuildPortal Help Community! These forums are for admin-to-admin help.
Available Forums
Forums : Pimp My Site! > Members, events and the calendar
Dr Thorpe (New Admin) 8/18/2008 1:48 PM EST : Members, events and the calendar
Dr Thorpe
Posts: 1027
Zomgawsh Poster

I searched for this but no luck. With the enhanced calendar can members not setup events themselves? So are admins are the only ones? I hope that is not the case as I want my members to be pro-active in setting things up and planning things.

If that is the case is there a way to go back to the old calendar?

Thanks.
TopBottom

Ciannon (Guild Admin) 8/18/2008 5:45 PM EST : RE: Members, events and the calendar
Ciannon
Posts: 2000
Zomgawsh Poster

You can set up ANYONE to use the calender by going to the member admin, clicking their name, and clicking on "Calendar", I believe. I haven't messed with that in a while, so it may not work like that.

However, if you are using the css script that hides the edit button, then they will not be able to set up events without going through the control panel. Meaning, if they aren't admins, they will not be able to do it.


Epic quotes from Coils:

"lol out of money. I bought my system and forgot to factor in the cost of the game." - Coils 7/14/2008
"No money totaled my car. Cant play. Probly selling my computer. Adios." - Coils 8/25/2008


TopBottom

Dr Thorpe (New Admin) 8/19/2008 3:15 AM EST : RE: Members, events and the calendar
Dr Thorpe
Posts: 1027
Zomgawsh Poster

Ciannon said:
You can set up ANYONE to use the calender by going to the member admin, clicking their name, and clicking on "Calendar", I believe. I haven't messed with that in a while, so it may not work like that.

However, if you are using the css script that hides the edit button, then they will not be able to set up events without going through the control panel. Meaning, if they aren't admins, they will not be able to do it.


Thanks for the reply! Will set everyone up as event admins then. I just thought there must be another way without changing the admin rights.

Thanks again.
TopBottom

Bejewels (New Admin) 9/1/2008 7:55 AM EST : RE: Members, events and the calendar
Bejewels
Posts: 475
Fingers of Fury!

Dr Thorpe said:
Ciannon said:
You can set up ANYONE to use the calender by going to the member admin, clicking their name, and clicking on "Calendar", I believe. I haven't messed with that in a while, so it may not work like that.

However, if you are using the css script that hides the edit button, then they will not be able to set up events without going through the control panel. Meaning, if they aren't admins, they will not be able to do it.


Thanks for the reply! Will set everyone up as event admins then. I just thought there must be another way without changing the admin rights.

Thanks again.



OMG do not set everyone up in your guild as admins.. They can wipe out your whole guildsite on purpose or by mistake!

I would also like answer to this question... If I allow admins rights for one person to put events on calender would I choose Events or quest or both??
TopBottom

Ciannon (Guild Admin) 9/1/2008 2:43 PM EST : RE: Members, events and the calendar
Ciannon
Posts: 2000
Zomgawsh Poster

Bejewels said:
Dr Thorpe said:
Ciannon said:
You can set up ANYONE to use the calender by going to the member admin, clicking their name, and clicking on "Calendar", I believe. I haven't messed with that in a while, so it may not work like that.

However, if you are using the css script that hides the edit button, then they will not be able to set up events without going through the control panel. Meaning, if they aren't admins, they will not be able to do it.


Thanks for the reply! Will set everyone up as event admins then. I just thought there must be another way without changing the admin rights.

Thanks again.



OMG do not set everyone up in your guild as admins.. They can wipe out your whole guildsite on purpose or by mistake!

I would also like answer to this question... If I allow admins rights for one person to put events on calender would I choose Events or quest or both??


It was stated that jewel... was setting up everyone as "Event" admins, not "guild" admins. Unless she makes the mistake of specifically setting the persons membership status as "admin", he/she has nothing to worry about. People can have "event" admin status but still be a "member"

And you only have to check "Event"


Epic quotes from Coils:

"lol out of money. I bought my system and forgot to factor in the cost of the game." - Coils 7/14/2008
"No money totaled my car. Cant play. Probly selling my computer. Adios." - Coils 8/25/2008


TopBottom

Razamadaz (Guild Admin) 9/9/2008 10:02 PM EST : RE: Members, events and the calendar
Razamadaz
Posts: 297
Fingers of Fury!

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums.

On my site I have a forum called Need Help. This is where members of my guild come and leave massages for higher rank members such as my Officers. They in turn have editting rights to the events page where they set up the request.

Never give just anyone admin rights to anything



Raza.
To go where no Horde has gone before !!
TopBottom

Admins Online
There are   members online.
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%