Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Top Mods!
Wowhead Search
by sonofsamedi
Digital Clock
by Wolfar15
Admin Forums
Welcome to the GuildPortal Help Community! These forums are for admin-to-admin help.
Available Forums
Forums : Feature Discussion > Not Able to Log In
Ronyx (Guild Admin) 5/16/2012 11:17 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In

Ronyx
Posts: 9
Getting Started!

Did any of them get their problem fixed? I'm sort of getting to the "this is getting ridiculous" stage.

TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 5/17/2012 5:22 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Ronyx said:
Everdark said:
I believe the problem he's having is accessing his main account (assuming Ogg?) with the current password that is emailed to him; even logging in via the main guildportal site itself.



On his site: I can click Enter, log in and save my password, go back to the Enter screen, click Enter, and be logged in.
Yup. I can't even log into my main account even though I have the right password. And support hasn't given me a reply at all since I sent it last Thursday night. That's kind of a long time to get zero help for such an important problem as not being able to log in!



I'm giving it a couple more days and if the customer service still doesn't reply to my ticket than I may be finding another site and canceling my subscription. I shouldn't have to wait this long. I mean jeeze, did they hire Nexon's customer service to work for them...

Hehe... We *have* been replying to you. Here, in the forums.

Alright. Now I see you can log in as Ronyx, and you can come here and post, so you *can* login to GuildPortal under at least one account and go to a guild site, authenticated and able to post. And I can see a lot of other people posting to the Crunchyroll site, so it's not a problem with that site. As an aside, can you login to Crunchyroll as Ronyx? That's mainly a curiosity thing... Anyway, at the current time, GuildPortal does not e-mail passwords -- it sends a reset link (this is a very recent change). Would you mind giving that a shot?

Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 5/17/2012 5:34 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Meren, may I please have a couple of the names experiencing the issue?

Thank you!
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Everdark (MVP) 5/18/2012 9:31 AM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
GuildPortal MVP
Everdark
Posts: 3949
Zomgawsh Poster

Aaron Lewis said:

Anyway, at the current time, GuildPortal does not e-mail passwords -- it sends a reset link (this is a very recent change).



Good to know. I hadn't tested that feature in a while. Just curious, if I have multiple accounts under the same e-mail, would I need to redo the password for each account, or does it provide separate reset links for each individual account?

EDIT: Nm, tested it. Individual account links. Nice!

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." 

 
Everdark (T), Evadarr, Nevinn (AC), Soninn, Croninn, Zakarr, Avirded (SC)
TopBottom

Ronyx (Guild Admin) 5/21/2012 3:30 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In

Ronyx
Posts: 9
Getting Started!

Aaron Lewis said:
Ronyx said:
Everdark said:
I believe the problem he's having is accessing his main account (assuming Ogg?) with the current password that is emailed to him; even logging in via the main guildportal site itself.



On his site: I can click Enter, log in and save my password, go back to the Enter screen, click Enter, and be logged in.
Yup. I can't even log into my main account even though I have the right password. And support hasn't given me a reply at all since I sent it last Thursday night. That's kind of a long time to get zero help for such an important problem as not being able to log in!



I'm giving it a couple more days and if the customer service still doesn't reply to my ticket than I may be finding another site and canceling my subscription. I shouldn't have to wait this long. I mean jeeze, did they hire Nexon's customer service to work for them...

Hehe... We *have* been replying to you. Here, in the forums.

Alright. Now I see you can log in as Ronyx, and you can come here and post, so you *can* login to GuildPortal under at least one account and go to a guild site, authenticated and able to post. And I can see a lot of other people posting to the Crunchyroll site, so it's not a problem with that site. As an aside, can you login to Crunchyroll as Ronyx? That's mainly a curiosity thing... Anyway, at the current time, GuildPortal does not e-mail passwords -- it sends a reset link (this is a very recent change). Would you mind giving that a shot?

I reset my password for my main account, but still was not able to log in with the new password. I also did like you asked and tried logging into crunchyroll with this account and was able to do it.

TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 5/22/2012 4:45 AM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

Hmmm, okay so that narrows it down to a problem specifically between the 0gg account and the crunchyroll website. Next thing to try, in order to kill off possibilities, is different browsers (unless you already have, in which case I apologize).

After that, try logging into admins.guildportal.com (this site) as 0gg and posting... Wondering what would happen there...
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

Ronyx (Guild Admin) 5/22/2012 5:43 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In

Ronyx
Posts: 9
Getting Started!

Aaron Lewis said:
Hmmm, okay so that narrows it down to a problem specifically between the 0gg account and the crunchyroll website. Next thing to try, in order to kill off possibilities, is different browsers (unless you already have, in which case I apologize).

After that, try logging into admins.guildportal.com (this site) as 0gg and posting... Wondering what would happen there...
I've tried it in different browsers, and also it's not a problem between the Ogg account and the crunchyroll website because like I said (in previous posts) I can't log into guildportal or anywhere on guildportal with that account.

TopBottom

Aaron Lewis (Blue Collar) 5/22/2012 8:56 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
GuildPortal Dev
Aaron Lewis
Posts: 1978
Zomgawsh Poster

You put an O in that last response, spelling it Ogg. The account I see starts with a zero (0gg). Was that just a typo in the post?
Aaron Lewis, GuildPortal.com
TopBottom

0gg (New Admin) 5/23/2012 3:46 PM EST : RE: Not Able to Log In
0gg
Posts: 226
Fingers of Fury!

Aaron Lewis said:
You put an O in that last response, spelling it Ogg. The account I see starts with a zero (0gg). Was that just a typo in the post?
I feel like a total moron... Sorry for wasting your time Aaron and eveyone else. I usually have all my accounts as "O"gg so I forgot that I had used a zero instead for this account because someone else had already taken that username. Again, sorry for wasting everyone's time.
TopBottom

Admins Online
There are   members online.
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%