Field Leader Guidelines 2.0
Updated February 2012
This document is inspired by Gaymer’s Field Leaders Guide and updated for changes in the City of Heroes game and City of Gaymers super-group over the years.
1.) Role City of Gaymers Field Leaders
· Be fabulous, be engaging and have fun.
· Remember – No Drama!
· Remember – NO CHANNEL INVITES WITHOUT WEBSITE APPLICATION.
· Remember –We welcome EVERYONE – Gay, Straight, Young, Old, Noobs, Veterans and even your dog if he can play the game. We welcome everyone.
· Actively talk with other Field Leaders and participate in discussions on website and in-game channel
· Promote grouping activity in channel and Gaymers website
· Make Super-Group membership invites a priority.
· Make City of Gaymers Channel invites a greater priority.
· Play on Victory server & interact with City of Gaymers regularly.
· Consider new City of Heroes features and impact on City of Gaymers—offer suggestions.
· Safeguard City of Gaymers assets and resources for member use. Pay Base Rent to maintain services in all of the Super-Groups
· Positively promote City of Gaymers, events and membership
2.) City of Gaymers Field Leader Mission: If there is anything you take away from being a City of Gaymers Field Leader are these six bullets:
· We are in the business to stay in business. Many gay friendly City of Heroes super-groups have died from infighting or neglect. City of Gaymers must exist for present and future LGBT friendly City of Heroes players.
· Be active, be respectful and be engaging with everyone you meet in game or on the website.
· Field Leadership does not equate super-group ownership, but at the same time you take ownership of our success. Field Leadership is more than camping in a super-group with the red star and never coming out to see the rest of the group.
· Field Leaders exist to serve the membership, but do not condone inappropriate behavior. If you see bad behavior or drama in the group or channel you must engage and not condone that bad behavior.
· Super-groups provide services for membership and Field Leaders must keep bases and resources operational.
· Field Leaders are never alone. Talk to others and do not be afraid to ask for help or make a mistake trying something new out!
3.) Expiring Field Leaders
· Field Leaders must regularly post to the City of Gaymers website – there are always new members to greet.
· After 90 days of website inactivity field leaders will be demoted to member.
· After 45 days of in-game inactivity super-groups may revert to another member, hopefully another Field Leader.
· Field Leaders may step down to regular membership access any time and post request to website FIELD LEADERS FORUM.
· Field Leaders may take a leave of absence any time and post to the FIELD LEADERS FORUM a likely return date. If there is no update within 30 days of the return date the FIELD LEADER is demoted.
· Gaymer is never demoted, cause he founded us!
· Field Leaders understand that Super-Group Management or changes will occur in their absence or silence.
· Filling open Field Leader positions is not required. Members returning after absences are not guaranteed old field leader roles.
4.) Adding New Field Leaders
· All Field Leaders will sign Field Leader Guidelines.
· There is a cap of 10 Field Leaders as of February 2012.
· As open Field Leader positions become available Field Leaders will make a nomination in the Field Leader forum. Unanimous approval by remaining field leaders is necessary with a 50% participation rate, absences do not count for or against.
· The Field Leaders will NOT offer a Field Leadership role without first discussing/voting.
· Voting will occur over 7 days.
· Potential Field Leaders will participate with City of Gaymers for at least 12 months from GuildPortal join date.