Sign Up! Login: Password: New User? Forgot? Support
Code 
 
 
Forums 
Forums : Archive > Progression Box
zigzag045 (Member) 7/11/2009 4:28 PM EST : RE: Progression Box

zigzag045
Posts: 5

0
Like

0
Dislike

I realize that this is for guildportal websites, but is there some way to get this working on a regular php/html website?  Specifically the inclusion of the tooltip javascript?

TopBottom

Mottie (SuperAdmin) 7/11/2009 6:20 PM EST : RE: Progression Box
ACK!
Mottie
Posts: 3884

0
Like

0
Dislike

Hi Zigzag045!

Actually yes you can use this code on any site outside of Guildportal. If you want to add the tooltips, just add the code in the "Adding the tooltips" section of this post. Then add the progression box code from this thread and you should be set.
Characters: Mottie Motty Mortie Ooshiny Mot Fudgems
TopBottom

zigzag045 (Member) 7/11/2009 8:06 PM EST : RE: Progression Box

zigzag045
Posts: 5

0
Like

0
Dislike

Mottie said:
Hi Zigzag045!

Actually yes you can use this code on any site outside of Guildportal. If you want to add the tooltips, just add the code in the "Adding the tooltips" section of this post. Then add the progression box code from this thread and you should be set.

Thanks for the quick response.  I imagined it would be that easy but I  guess I'm doing something wildly incorrect because the tooltips are not showing.  I've setup a basic example of how I'm trying to do this here:
http://www.parabellumguild.org/test.html

Eventually I will be setting up a new content block through vBAdvanced(vbulletin) and setting it up on the main page: http://www.parabellumguild.org

TopBottom

Mottie (SuperAdmin) 7/11/2009 10:10 PM EST : RE: Progression Box
ACK!
Mottie
Posts: 3884

0
Like

0
Dislike

Hi Zigzag!

The tooltips won't work the way you have it set up because the progress box is inside an iframe. Simple copy the tooltip CSS and script on to the same page as the progression box and it should work.
Characters: Mottie Motty Mortie Ooshiny Mot Fudgems
TopBottom

zigzag045 (Member) 7/11/2009 10:14 PM EST : RE: Progression Box

zigzag045
Posts: 5

0
Like

0
Dislike

Mottie said:
Hi Zigzag!

The tooltips won't work the way you have it set up because the progress box is inside an iframe. Simple copy the tooltip CSS and script on to the same page as the progression box and it should work.


That was actually the first thing I've tried.  I'm guessing my lack of knowledge with straight coding is getting the best of me.  I have the tooltip css and script on the same page at the following url now:
http://www.parabellumguild.org/test.html

TopBottom

Mottie (SuperAdmin) 7/12/2009 12:03 AM EST : RE: Progression Box
ACK!
Mottie
Posts: 3884

0
Like

0
Dislike

Hey Zigzag!

DUH... I totally spaced on this. The tooltip script REQUIRES jQuery!

So all you need to do is add this line (it's linked to google, so it shouldn't be an issue about bandwidth) BEFORE the tooltip.js script.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/258012/tooltip.js"></script>
And since you are using a non-guildportal site, it might be best if you copied the tooltip.js script over to your site as well.
Characters: Mottie Motty Mortie Ooshiny Mot Fudgems
TopBottom

zigzag045 (Member) 7/12/2009 12:06 AM EST : RE: Progression Box

zigzag045
Posts: 5

0
Like

0
Dislike

Mottie said:
Hey Zigzag!

DUH... I totally spaced on this. The tooltip script REQUIRES jQuery!

So all you need to do is add this line (it's linked to google, so it shouldn't be an issue about bandwidth) BEFORE the tooltip.js script.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/258012/tooltip.js"></script>
And since you are using a non-guildportal site, it might be best if you copied the tooltip.js script over to your site as well.


That is fantastic.  Thanks so much.

Edit:  Any future plans for the inclusion of hard modes somehow?  If not I guess I'll just manage something through code tinkering.

TopBottom

Nithrondor (Applicant) 7/24/2009 5:49 PM EST : RE: Progression Box v2.2 (Ulduar)

Nithrondor
Posts: 50

0
Like

0
Dislike

I added the box to my site but I cannot get the tootip to come up. I copied your code directly, only modifications I did was to the boss status. Any advice? I tried it on both IE and Firefox and nothing comes up.

Note that I dont have any custom CSS for my site or any significant modifications.

EDIT:
First the website is at http://the-organization.guildportal.com
Second I added the two scripts in the post above:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/258012/tooltip.js"></script>

now I am getting the tool tips but with no background just the text. Also occasionally it crashes older versions of IE.
TopBottom

Nithrondor (Applicant) 7/24/2009 6:26 PM EST : RE: Progression Box v2.2 (Ulduar)

Nithrondor
Posts: 50

0
Like

0
Dislike

Got it working now, no need for the scripts d'oh, just needed to add the styling to the footer
TopBottom

Josel,Selie (Applicant) 7/29/2009 1:05 PM EST : RE: Progression Box v2.2 (Ulduar)

Josel,Selie
Posts: 4

0
Like

0
Dislike

i can't seem to get this to work all i get is 3 wow icons if any1 can post the 100% same thing that got it to work for them it would be nice. PS. i don't need any fancy colors or effects just the basic raid progress bar.
TopBottom

 
 
Key 
New posts No new posts
New posts ( popular ) No new posts ( popular )
New posts ( sticky ) No new posts ( sticky )
New posts ( locked ) No new posts ( locked )
 
 
Who's Online 
There are   members online.
 
 
So-and-so has logged on!
%title%
%message%