If you haven't read all the guild rules here is the link. http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=142464&TabID=1210528&ForumID=911153&TopicID=5117667&GuildThreadMsgID=26129342
Dkp section follows:
IV. Loot System (Raid)
a. We will use a DKP point system for the accrual of points. Once the raid officially starts, as defined by the appointed point’s officer for that raid, all members currently in the raid will receive 1 point for being on time. Once the raid is called and the portals go up, all members still present in the raid will receive 1 point for staying until the raid ended. Furthermore, each member will receive 1 point for each boss dropped during the raid. Some bosses may offer more DKP points if the officers agree that it was an awesome kill or a huge advancement for the guild. The point’s officer will be informed as to how many points are to be adjusted during the raid.
b. We will not be using a tier system of any kind
- Minimum bid for any item will be 1 point.
b.Bidding progress from the minimum bid 1 onward. DO NOT BID POINTS YOU DON'T HAVE PRIOR TO RAID START.
c. Bids should be written into raid chat as "bid x" where x is the bid amount. Example: "bid 10" for a bid of 10 pts. This allows the bid master to type a countdown into raid chat and prevents misunderstandings.
d. Bidders are responsible for applying the Unspoken Rules concept when bidding on loot
e. ALL BIDDING WILL BE DONE PUBLICLY. All bids for persons wishing to bid on an item for which they are eligible will be performed openly in raid chat. This will require that raid chat be cleared during the bidding process. This will offer those bidding on an item an idea of whom they are bidding against. This may offer them the ability to change their mind and stop bidding. It will open communication between persons for potential agreements about how to handle this piece of loot. It will offer officers and other guild members an opportunity to discuss if they think one person bidding is violating our respect rule or the unspoken rules.
f. Each raid shall have designated point’s officer responsible for recording how many points were spent for which item once the bidding ends.
g. Once any bid has been written into raid chat, the bid officer will do a silent 5 second count, followed by a 5 second countdown into raid chat. If the raid chat countdown reaches 0, the bidding has ended and the highest bidder(s) will either roll off or take the loot.
h. The point’s officer will record the player who got the loot and the points for which it was taken.
3. Parts of loot issues arise whenever alternates bid on loot over mains. Since bidding will be done publicly the person playing the alt may receive a lot of feedback to stop if another main is also bidding. He/she may be asked to stop bidding either through vent or through tells.
4. Points awarded along with loot received and points spent will be uploaded to a website where all members can view it.
5. There will be a designated loot table to "direct" the guild as to who should bid or not bid on any loot that drops. This is a guide meant to direct the guild to make a decision about those eligible for the loot.
6. To be eligible for the loot the player must have participated in the raid, and the kill.
7. In order to qualify for the additional DKP for a boss kill the player must participate in the kill, e.g. not be on the wait list unless they were forced to sit out for the betterment of the attempt. If you feel you were eligible for these points please check with the points officer to ensure you get credit. It would be difficult for the point’s officer to keep track of all these sorts of things.
8. Recruits gain points for raiding but are not allowed to bid on loot.
a. Exception – If a piece of gear drops that is BOP that this player can use AND no other guild member bid on that item or needs it, then it means the item would have been sharded by the guild. In this case the officers can decide to give the loot to the initiate for points at a later time. Once the initiate becomes a member, the points spent on the item (generally only 1) will be taken from the member’s point total.
b. Exception – If a BOE item drops during the raid that no other member PARTICIPATING IN THE RAID needs or wants the BOP policy can be performed at the officer’s discretion. This intends that any initiate who attends a raid should have rights to loot that drops before members who did not attend the raid. This is subject to the officer’s discretion however. ALSO, there is absolutely ZERO tolerance to sell any BOE item bid for in the process of a raid unless your intentions are made clear up front. If it is found to be the case, you will be removed from the guild immediately.
9. When loot drops that is obviously intended for a particular spec of class or classes, only those who can best benefit and are deemed approved by the raid are eligible for that item. For example, if a plus to healing item drops, restoration druids will have precedence over that item more than a feral druid as an example. If you are asked not to bid on an item because of your spec, your bid will be ignored. You will be asked not to bid on an item by your played characters class lead, officer or the guild leader.
10. If for some strange reason you elect to logon to another human’s account and play their character, you may use your points to bid on items for that toon during the raid, assuming all cases above are adhered to. You must inform the point’s officer who is actually playing the character to prevent any potential mistakes from happening e.g. the real owner being charged the points etc.
11. You may only bid points earned from previous raids. You may not calculate how many points you have earned during the current raid and apply them to your total for bidding. The case will be the same for everyone to make this matter most fair. This is mostly to prevent any confusion and to allow officers to monitor and make sure their class members are not over bidding on any items.
12. You should not ask an officer for your points during or before a raid. Simply check your points from your public note box. It is ultimately your responsibility to discover your own points prior to any bidding.
13. If you go into debt on points (go into a negative balance) you will be ineligible for loot or to earn points for the next 3 raids. Once you are able to accumulate points again, you will have to pay back the number of points you went negative until you are reset to or above 0. Once you have more than 0 points, you can begin bidding on loot once more. This rule is very strict and harsh and is meant to prevent players from taking loot from other players who would otherwise not have been able to get the item.
14. Officers may elect to not penalize players for going negative in the event the player lacks the points for an item that would otherwise be sharded e.g. the eye of shadow etc. In these cases the player should be charged the 1 point for the item (or whatever the officers decide is the amount to be charged) and then this player can simply dig himself/herself out of the hole moving forward. They will not be penalized in the form of not being able to earn points for future raids however they will still be required to pay back the points.
Note: Waitlist members wil not get DKP